Q: What makes TheEnergyBrokers unique?
We continue to be a market leader in our sector and our core business strengths and
the items that we believe differentiate us from our competitors are:
- Open book policy – we operate on a transparent basis with both client and
suppliers, there are no hidden costs and our advice is therefore completely impartial.
- Partnership approach - we believe in the importance of working in partnership with
our clients to achieve their specific requirements and are proud of our high level
of customer retention rates. We do not believe that "one size fits all" and are
happy to tailor solutions to clients' needs.
- Effective Negotiation – we operate with all suppliers in the market and our
in-depth knowledge, established presence and longstanding relationships allow
us to ensure best prices can be achieved.
- Market Intelligence & Risk Management – our dedicated team of analysts allow
us access to up to the minute pricing information, which along with an informed
understanding of market dynamics help to deliver financial benefits.
- Post contract services – TheEnergyBrokers are committed to quality customer service and
aim to build lasting working partnerships with our clients. Our dedicated Account
Managers are tasked to ensure the smooth running of contracts after they are awarded,
coordinating all query management and bespoke client reporting.
Q: What should companies be considering when making a broker selection decision?
In TheEnergyBrokers' view, companies should be looking to select a supply partner who can best
deliver a whole suite of utility procurement services on the basis of a bespoke and
The broker should understand both the companies business activities and utility
requirements before engaging them into recommended strategies.
It is important that the chosen supply partner can react to change and evolve their
approach around developments in the market and corporate decisions.
Q: Who would manage our account?
TheEnergyBrokers currently operate from our HQ in Leicester. We have created an
organisational structure which focuses on continuity of contact and support for the
client. Once appointed, we identify key account management personnel to act as the
day to day point of contact, thus developing strong working relationships to ensure
that the client needs are best met. This follows the following structure:
- Senior Account Manager
- Account Management Support + Negotiator
Access would be made available to other core members of the team as and when required,
inclusive of our Market Analysts for gaining market insight and the Senior Management team
where escalation or key strategic issues are required:
- Head of Client Management
- Head of Operations
Q: What IT solutions do TheEnergyBrokers use to track, purchase and monitor energy?
TheEnergyBrokers use a variety of IT solutions, which are developed in-house using
our own software development team. These solutions have been developed over many years
to accommodate market complexity and volatility, as well as our client's bespoke requirements.
Typically we have dedicated software and servers to power our fixed price customers and
volume usage that feed through to our websites and reporting tools.
For flexible solutions we have the facility to either use existing client formats or to
implement a system tailored to suit our clients requirements.
Q: What are the important factors to successful energy procurement?
TheEnergyBrokers' experience with numerous clients in a vast array of industries suggests that the
important factors regarding energy procurement services include:
- Assessment and management of energy market risk
- Route to obtaining "best" prices
- Effective budget management
- Effective data management
- Consumption, Performance & Carbon reporting
- Single point of contact to other energy/utility related matters
- Bureau services
- Pro-active communication
Q: How are TheEnergyBrokers fees paid?
Following the commencement of services TheEnergyBrokers' fees can be either recovered by a transparent
brokerage commission payable directly from the successful supplier or on the basis of a direct
fee charged to client.
Q: How do TheEnergyBrokers ensure that their fees are transparent?
In event that a client chooses the brokerage commission option, TheEnergyBrokers are happy for the client to
confirm the details of the total payment received from the supplier to TheEnergyBrokers in connection with the
contract. TheEnergyBrokers would also recommend that any company using a broker should verify whether a similar
arrangement exists with their own broker to ensure clarity and parity on total costs paid.
Q: How do TheEnergyBrokers mobilise a new contract?
Upon a client providing a firm order/signing a contract/ letter of intent, we would:
- Arrange an internal 'sales' to 'account management' briefing.
- With all parties arrange a client mobilisation meeting and agree actions/ timescales.
- Obtain a client signed authorisation form.
- Arrange a handover meeting from the incumbent supplier/s.
- Setup new client/sites on our systems.
- Feedback/resolution of queries.
- QA systems and ensure actions are completed
- Commence operational activities.
Q: How do TheEnergyBrokers undertake the Tender Negotiation process?
TheEnergyBrokers prides itself on being extremely thorough during the Tender Negotiation process, which
is reflected in the prices achieved. The stages, which are undertaken and adhered to, are:
- Stage 1 - Site and meter data preparation
- Stage 2 - Pre-Tender
- Stage 3 - Market Indication (Benchmarking)
- Stage 4 - Tender Process
- Stage 5 - Strike Day
- Stage 6 - Post Tender Process
Q: What are TheEnergyBrokers' core and additional services?
The offer of services comprises of the following Core Services:
TheEnergyBrokers Core Services
- The Tender Negotiation Process
- Procurement Strategy Development/ Risk Management
- Financial and Consumption Reporting
- Carbon/ CCA/ CRC-EES Management
- Provision of Market Intelligence
- Bill Validation
- Account Management
In addition to the Core Services listed above TheEnergyBrokers can also provide the following
Additional Services, subject to a separate proposal:
- Water Management
- AMR/ Smart Metering Project Management
- Data Collection & Data Aggregation Services
- TheEnergyBrokers Trade Actioning
- Energy Management